[yt-users] Best way to load in halos?

Britton Smith brittonsmith at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 07:48:59 PDT 2012

Hi Matt,

This may also be not what you're looking for, but I will throw it out
there.  With the halo profiler, you can read in a list of halo positions
and get back a sphere object for each halo.  This is clearly not the same
as getting the halo object, but depending on what you're looking to do, it
may be good enough.  In the HaloProfiler docs, there is a section near the
end that discusses this, using a HaloProfiler method called
analyze_halo_sphere.

Britton