[yt-users] Best way to load in halos?

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 06:57:11 PDT 2012

Hi Geoffrey,

This is nearly what I'm looking for, but not quite.  I have halos that
were generated outside of yt, so they are not in the format.  Is there
either a simpler way of loading them in and getting halo objects, or a
standard file format that I could subscribe to?

Better yet, do we have a way of yielding halo data to get halos back?
i.e., something like numpy's "fromiter" function?

Thanks!

-Matt