[yt-users] Problem with Orion data

Andrew Myers atmyers at berkeley.edu
Tue Jan 24 22:01:33 PST 2012

Hello All,

It looks like there is a problem with the current stable version of yt that
comes up when creating a PlotCollection using Orion datasets. See the
script here <http://paste.yt-project.org/show/t02maMs6OShv1uGJbOLu/> and
the traceback here.
<http://paste.yt-project.org/show/zAgcYyrKH2vmv4ZaQJQ5/>

I think the fix is that there needs to be the line

self.field_info = pf.field_info

somewhere in the constructor for OrionHierarchy (around line 120 of
yt/frontends/orion/data_structures.py). It looks like a line like this used
to be here, but was removed during some code cleanup. If the other Orion
users are anything like me, they haven't updated yt in a while and thus
haven't noticed the problem.

Glancing at the Nyx, Maestro, and Castro frontends, those look like they
might suffer from the same issue, but I don't have any of their data to
confirm or deny this.

-Andrew Myers