[yt-users] FLASH hydro parameters?

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 04:50:10 PST 2012

Hi Nathan,

On Sun, Feb 12, 2012 at 3:36 AM, Nathan Goldbaum <goldbaum at ucolick.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just noticed that hydro parameters like Gamma and EOSType are not defined for flash parameter files.  This makes it impossible to compute the sound speed using the definition in universal_fields.py.
>
> I've already modified the FLASH reader to ignore EOSType but I can't figure out how to gracefully figure out what Gamma is. It looks like enzo somehow automatically detects the existence of the Gamma parameter, but I don't see how the enzo reader does this.  Can someone point me to the correct place?

For the next release I'm adding all the FLASH parameters to be read
in.  However, to get this now, what you can do is call _find_parameter
on the FLASHStaticOutput.  You will need to supply the type (integer,
real), the name, and whether it is a scalar or not.  For instance, we
get the number of blocks with:

nblockx = self._find_parameter("integer", "nblockx")

or,

self.omega_matter = self._find_parameter("real", "omegamatter")

-Matt