[yt-users] error extracting 2d phase info with user defined field

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 13:49:10 PST 2012

Hi Christine,

On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 4:18 PM, Christine Simpson
<csimpson at astro.columbia.edu> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm having trouble with the script pasted here:
>
> http://paste.yt-project.org/show/2159/
>
> I am trying to extract a 2d phase profile with a user defined field.  I
> can make the phase plot in a plot collection with this field by using
> add_phase_sphere, but I want to write the data to a file and I am
> getting an error with BinnedProfile2D.  The error is pasted with the
> script.  It seems that yt accesses all the fields needed to compute the
> field, but the field is empty somehow?  I'm kind of confused; doesn't
> add_phase_sphere use BinnedProfile2D to do what it does?

Yup, it does, but it also calculates the extrema of the field.  The
empty profile data error typically means that no data fits inside the
bins.  Any chance you could make sure you're using the right bounds?

    p = BinnedProfile2D(sp,200,'Cooling_Time',1.0e6,1e13,True,\
                        200,'heating_time',1e6,1.0e13,True)

i.e., that there exists data between 1e6 and 1e13 in cooling time, and
between 1e6 and 1e13 in heating_time?

-Matt