[yt-users] error extracting 2d phase info with user defined field

Christine Simpson csimpson at astro.columbia.edu
Fri Feb 10 13:18:30 PST 2012

Hi all,

I'm having trouble with the script pasted here:

http://paste.yt-project.org/show/2159/

I am trying to extract a 2d phase profile with a user defined field.  I
can make the phase plot in a plot collection with this field by using
add_phase_sphere, but I want to write the data to a file and I am
getting an error with BinnedProfile2D.  The error is pasted with the
script.  It seems that yt accesses all the fields needed to compute the
field, but the field is empty somehow?  I'm kind of confused; doesn't
add_phase_sphere use BinnedProfile2D to do what it does?

Christine