[yt-users] xspec with yt python

Eric Hallman hallman13 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 13:46:20 PDT 2012

Hello,
  I know this is not a yt specific issue, however it involves an
interaction of the yt installed python and XSPEC.  Maybe some of you on
this list have done an XSPEC install on Mac OS X (Lion in this case) and
run into this.  At link time during the build of XSPEC, it gives the
following error:

  "_environ", referenced from:
      _initposix in libpython2.7.a(posixmodule.o)

Originally on my Mac, XSPEC tried to build 32-bit, and failed with python
linkages (since python is 64 bit in the yt install build).  Once I went to
64-bit, this was the only remaining error.  Does anyone have ideas?

Thanks!

Eric Hallman