[yt-users] Radial profile of 2D map

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Sat Apr 21 11:25:35 PDT 2012

Hi Max,

On Sat, Apr 21, 2012 at 11:33 AM, Massimo Gaspari <gaspmax at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> suppose I performed a 2D data projection of this form:
>
> frb = proj.to_frb(width, res, center=c)
>
> how can I obtain the radial profile of this 2D "map" (say
> frb["Temperature"])?
> (I have found only how to perform radial profiles of 3D data, setting a
> certain sphere)
>
> Do you have some template?
>
> Thanks in advance!

We did at one time has functionality that did this, but it got a
little rusty and we did away with it.  In the intervening time, I
believe at least two people (on this list) have implemented their own
and used it productively, but I think it may be time to return to
this.

If I understand correctly, what would probably be most useful would be
enabling some 2D object to serve as the input to an operaiton that
looked like a normal yt profile object, right?  We can probably make
this work.  I'll put it on my todo list for Monday nad see what I can
come up with.

-Matt