[yt-users] field parameters (you know I want to use them everywhere...)

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 08:27:07 PST 2011

Hi Elizabeth,

For the first bit, I have pushed a fix (all tests pass, but a new set
of tests that test this functionality would be *very* welcome!).  What
was happening was that slicing did not behave the same as 3D data
objects for touching generated fields in grids.

For the second one, you have used the variable 'fn' when saving your
plotcollection, which you don't define.  So, it uses 'fn' from yt.mods
(from which you have imported *) which is used in the determination of
the plugins filename.  I have pushed a fix that also renames the
variable used in determining the plugin location to be _fn, so it
should not be a commonly found variable name.

These fixes are both in 5c9ac6b8e610.

-Matt

On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 9:48 AM, Elizabeth Tasker
<tasker at astro1.sci.hokudai.ac.jp> wrote:
> Hi Matt,
>
> Calling it with dd is fine, it's when creating a slice I hit problems, i.e.
>
> pc.add_slice("EffectivePotential", 2, field_parameters={"disk_vector":disk_vector,
> "disk_center":disk_center, "thiscore_omega":core_omega[c]})
>

> And.... this is the script that decides to save my images in a confusing place:
>
> http://paste.yt-project.org/show/1963/
>
> It's a bit of an unhelpful beast, being long and using a non-default field of Enzo's (PotentialField). I can try making a smaller one that gives the same problem.
>
> Elizabeth
>

> On 2011-11-30, at 11:39 PM, Matthew Turk wrote:
>
>> Hi Elizabeth,
>>
>> I can't reproduce your first error.  I am using this script:
>>
>> http://paste.yt-project.org/show/1973/
>>
>> and I am using revision a519b8754ba8.
>>
>> For your second error, it's a mystery to me; it's grabbing the path to
>> your plugins file for some reason.  Can you maybe show a script that
>> you use that produces this error?
>>
>> -Matt
>>
>> On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 3:31 AM, Elizabeth Tasker
>> <tasker at astro1.sci.hokudai.ac.jp> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Two small problems:
>>>
>>> 1. Another issue with field parameters. I can't pass them to a slice
>>> if the derived field also needs ValidateSpatial.
>>>
>>> i.e.
>>>
>>> def _EffectivePotential(field, data):
>>>
>>> center = na.array(data.get_field_parameter("disk_center"))
>>> h_vec = na.array(data.get_field_parameter("disk_vector"))