[yt-users] Registration for yt workshop in January 2012 is open

matthewturk at gmail.com matthewturk at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 14:13:26 PST 2011

If you have trouble viewing or submitting this form, you can fill it out
online:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dElGU0sxcXRHNmlCZW5GOWkxRzZpeWc6MQ

yt workshop 2012 registration

Registration is now open for the yt workshop, to be held at the FLASH
center in Chicago, from Jan 24-26, 2012. This workshop will start with
basic yt usage, move on to advanced and parallel usage, and then finally
address how to modify, extend and contribute to yt. For more information,
see the blog post:
http://blog.yt-project.org/announcing-the-2012-yt-workshop and keep an eye
on http://yt-project.org/workshop2012/ for more info. We have secured
housing in downtown Chicago (near the river, just off Michigan Avenue) that
we are able to book double-occupancy rooms for $99/night, pre-tax. We are
eagerly pursuing funding opportunities and are very optimistic about their
prospects, but we are still waiting on funding for participant costs. If we
are able to secure funding, it will likely cover hotel costs for most
attendees as well as a number of small travel grants. We have reserved the
block of rooms for four nights, starting the 23rd and including the final
day of the conference, to encourage attendance at all three days. We also
hope to offer a social gathering and a trip to the Adler planetarium during
the workshop. This is the registration form: PLEASE FILL IT OUT EVEN IF YOU
FILLED OUT THE PREVIOUS SURVEY. We have used the pre-registration form to
gauge interest, secure accommodations, and request funding, and we are now
looking for binding commitments. There are also several questions here that
will help us in constructing a set of talks and tutorials for the first
portion of the workshop. If you indicate you would like to stay in the
hotel block of rooms, we will contact you with more information about
securing your reservation. Organizing Committee: Matthew Turk, Britton
Smith, John ZuHone (For inquiries: workshop2012 at yt-project.org )

Name *

Email address *

I would like to stay in the block of rooms allocated for the workshop.
These rooms are at below-market prices and will cost $99/night plus tax per
room. Preference will be given to those willing to share a room;
assignments and roommate information can be decided later.

Yes (and I am willing to share a room)
Yes (and I am unwilling to share a room)
No

I require funding for: Hotel funding may be contingent on sharing a room.
While we are still awaiting information about funding, we are optimistic
that both hotel and limited travel grants will be available.

Hotel
Travel

What is your skill level with yt?

What is your skill level with Python / NumPy / matplotlib?

If appropriate, what would you consider your primary simulation code to be?

Enzo
FLASH
RAMSES
Boxlib-based code
Chombo-based code
ART
Gadget
Other:

Position What position do you currently occupy?

Undergraduate student
Graduate student
Postdoctoral Researcher
Faculty
Staff Scientist
Other:

Do you have any dietary concerns that may be relevant?

Any other comments or suggestions?