[yt-users] error in the field SoundSpeed?

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Mon May 23 12:54:36 PDT 2011

Hi Luigi,

Yes -- in the past we mutually aliased the fields "GasEnergy" and
"Gas_Energy" to each other, so that if one was not found the other was
looked for.  Unfortunately, this aliasing caused infinite recursion
loops:

https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/yt/changeset/258083307f14

so we had to remove this dual-aliasing.  I had hoped it wouldn't cause
problems; I tried very hard with Sam to come up with a way around
this, so that we could leave the aliasing in.  Unfortunately without
reworking the field container, we could not.  I am hoping that by the
end of the calendar year we will be able to rework the field container
to be more flexible.  However, for now, it should suffice to add into
your plugins file the lines that were removed in the linked commit.
This also took place while we standardized in Enzo on GasEnergy rather
than Gas_Energy (although I personally preferred the hyphen :):

https://groups.google.com/d/topic/enzo-dev/64j9OZEAzcU/discussion

Sorry for the inconvenience -- let me know if the plugins fix doesn't
work and we'll figure something else out.

-Matt