[yt-users] Control of thread/program not returning to ipython after creating a plot

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Thu May 12 19:32:22 PDT 2011

Hi JC,

That's a puzzle!  Are you by any chance running on a Mac, which uses
the native OSX Ipython backend?  If you look in the scripts/iyt file,
you can see how we try to set it all up:

http://hg.enzotools.org/yt/src/dacea37d5f8b/scripts/iyt

lines 13-35.  Right now it looks like it only knows how to set it up
on Linux, or using X11 on OSX.  If you modify it so that it tries
grabbing the OSX backend, that might work for you?  Or maybe check to
see if you have DISPLAY set, and have the right rcParams in your
~/.matplotlib/matplotlibrc ?

I no longer have a Mac, so I can't test this directly, but I believe
that's the trouble spot, right there.

-Matt