[yt-users] Control of thread/program not returning to ipython after creating a plot

Jean-Claude Passy jcpassy at gmail.com
Thu May 12 19:27:20 PDT 2011

Hi all,

I am analyzing some MESA data using iyt instead of a regular ipython.
Everything works well except that when I make a plot with yt, control is
not returning to the prompt. I have tried to start yt with different
thread options (-gthread, -qthread, -q4thread and -wthread) but none of
them worked. My version of yt is built with python 2.7.1. The weird
thing is that it works smoothly with a regular version of ipython built
from python 2.6.4.

I would really appreciate if someone could help me to fix this. I would
like to keep using yt and not have to change all my settings.

Thanks a lot,

JC