[yt-users] X11 issues with yt

Elizabeth Tasker taskere at mcmaster.ca
Mon May 2 13:07:27 PDT 2011

For some reason, it doesn't recognise this. Even though I have it right
at the start of my script, I see:

work/taskere/yt/yt-2/lib/python2.6/site-packages/matplotlib/__init__.py:854:
UserWarning:  This call to matplotlib.use() has no effect
because the the backend has already been chosen;
matplotlib.use() must be called *before* pylab, matplotlib.pyplot,
or matplotlib.backends is imported for the first time.

But it couldn't come any earlier:

#!/usr/bin/python

import matplotlib
matplotlib.use('Agg')

from yt.config import ytcfg; ytcfg["yt","serialize"] = "False"
from yt.analysis_modules.api import EnzoSimulation as ES
from yt.mods import *

Elizabeth