[yt-users] new fields in output

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 11:40:34 PST 2011

Hi Elizabeth,

On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 11:36 AM, Elizabeth Tasker <taskere at mcmaster.ca> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've added PotentialField to the data that gets outputted. I'd like to read
> this into yt, but how does this work when yt won't be expecting
> PotentialField to be one of the data sets?
>
> Elizabeth

yt actually does a field detection step, where it randomly samples 20
grids, checks their fields, and performs a union on the set of field
names.  If PotentialField is output in every single grid, it will
definitely find it, and it should appear in the .field_list property
of the hierarchy.  Can you give it a shot?  Once that's done, there
might be a bit of handling for it to get the units correct.  (I
actually, coincidentally, just two days ago used the
OutputPotentialField capability in enzo 2.0 and found that it worked
just fine for me, so hopefully your results will be the same.)