[yt-users] yt2.0 on OS X

Emilio Romano-Diaz emilio at pa.uky.edu
Thu Mar 10 00:24:51 PST 2011

Hi there,

I'm trying to install yt-2.0 on my Intel MacBook3.1, OS X 10.6.6.

I downloaded the script from the web site and tried the automated installation (I just added the enzo installation flag). I checked I have installed and running the gcc & g++ 4.2 compilers. However, the compilation crashes because it cannot find a module named _locale:

 File "/Users/millos/visualization/yt/yt-2.0/lib/python2.6/site-packages/mercurial/demandimport.py", line 85, in _demandimport
    return _origimport(name, globals, locals, fromlist)
ImportError: No module named _locale
/Users/millos/visualization/yt/yt-2.0/bin/python2.6: can't open file '/Users/millos/visualization/yt/yt-2.0/src/yt-hg//distribute_setup.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory

I looked for some info the installation doc but I didn't find anything. Perhaps I skipped some steps/info.

I included at the end the full log-file. Could somebody help me with this issue?

Thank you very much in advance.