[yt-users] creating projections on Ranger

John Wise jwise at astro.princeton.edu
Tue Jan 25 08:05:50 PST 2011

Hi Eric,

I've seen something like this, using SGI's MPI implementation (mpt), when making projections.  Do you see all of the processors reaching the point of writing the image? If not, something's hanging one of the processors.  In my experience, I sometimes have to call MPI_Finalize() at the end of my script, e.g.,

from mpi4py import MPI
.
.
.
MPI.Finalize()

But I've found that you don't have to do this if you compiled mpi4py with OpenMPI or MVAPICH.  I'm not sure if this is your problem, but I wanted to throw this out there.

John