[yt-users] Problem in simple volume rendering (yt-users Digest, Vol 36, Issue 18)

Kuo-Chuan Pan kpan2 at astro.illinois.edu
Thu Feb 24 15:05:37 PST 2011

Dear Matt,

Thanks very much for your suggestion.
Using the camera interface with no_ghost=True improve the calculation time to <5min for N=512!
(9 level AMR with each block contains 8^3 zones)

I found for my case, I followed the cooked
http://yt.enzotools.org/doc/visualizing/volume_rendering.html#volume-rendering
there is a line:

cam = vr.Camera(c, L, W, (N,N), tf)

but I have to put pf in the Camera class, otherwise it will not work.
cam = Camera(c, L, W, (N,N), tf, pf=pf, no_ghost=True)
Not sure, that is a typo in the cookbook or not.

Sincerely yours,
Kuo-Chuan

Kuo-Chuan Pan
Graduate Student