[yt-users] error when running on cluster nodes

Stephen Skory stephenskory at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 17 09:19:18 PST 2011

Tsz Ka,

> I used the same python (~/yt-ppc64/bin/python) as I did in the command
> line. I think I tried python2.6 but I got the same error. (Actually how
> are they different?) The machine I am using is the Turing cluster in UI
> (http://www.cse.illinois.edu/turing/), which is an Apple Xserve cluster
> using G5 processors. You can find on the website some information about
> it. Sorry I am not that familiar with cluster issues. I suppose the
> nodes have full installation, though I don't know where to check. I am
> using the default compilers on Turing, which are gcc for C/C++ and xlf
> for Fortran.

I'm going to chime in here. I noticed that on their FAQ page:

http://www.cse.illinois.edu/turing/faq.html

There's something about path problems on compute nodes. Your error could be due to a library problem (i.e. DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH). Have you tried submitting your job with a "#PBS -V" that keeps your environment for the job?

Matt may have some other bright ideas...

 Stephen Skory
stephenskory at yahoo.com
http://stephenskory.com/
510.621.3687 (google voice)