[yt-users] error when running on cluster nodes

Tsz Ka Li tszkali2 at illinois.edu
Thu Feb 17 09:10:32 PST 2011

Hi Matt,

I used the same python (~/yt-ppc64/bin/python) as I did in the command
line. I think I tried python2.6 but I got the same error. (Actually how
are they different?) The machine I am using is the Turing cluster in UI
(http://www.cse.illinois.edu/turing/), which is an Apple Xserve cluster
using G5 processors. You can find on the website some information about
it. Sorry I am not that familiar with cluster issues. I suppose the
nodes have full installation, though I don't know where to check. I am
using the default compilers on Turing, which are gcc for C/C++ and xlf
for Fortran.

Thank you very much for looking into this issue for me.

Cheers,
Tsz Ka