[yt-users] basic plotting questions

j s oishi jsoishi at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 12:49:11 PST 2011

Hi Molly,

Sorry to hear you had trouble finding answers to these questions. Both
are available as modifiers to plots, which you call on a given plot in
a plot collection.

For example,

from yt.mods import *

pf = load("galaxy0110")
pc = PlotCollection(pf)
p = pc.add_slice("Density",2)
pc.set_width(10,'kpc')
p.modify['coord_axes']() # this labels
p.modify['grids']()
pc.save('molly')

I've attached the output of that script from some data I had lying
around. Unfortunately, as you can see, the coord_axes modifier is not
terribly impressive at the moment. I'd be happy to talk to you
off-list about improving it, if you need better than it can currently
provide.

All available plot modifications are listed at
http://yt.enzotools.org/doc/visualizing/callbacks.html.

jeff