[yt-users] yt installation

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 05:47:28 PST 2011

Dear Orsola,

I'm sorry to hear you're having troubles with the install script; if
we can get your installation working, I'll be sure to include any
changes that are necessary in the documentation and the installation
script.

What I think might be going on, but I am not entirely sure of, is that
the libz.so.1.2.3 library may be getting built incorrectly.  In my
installations on Snow Leopard, the first compiler identified by the
installation script is that provided by Apple, which defaults to
building with -dynamiclib, resulting in shared libraries that are
built the way Apple intends them to.  It looks to me like your zlib
configuration is getting a different [g]cc compiler.

Could you ensure that your PATH environment variable includes:

/usr/bin/

*before* any other (/opt/bin, /sw/bin, /usr/local/bin) directories?
This should make sure that the correct gcc is identified and used.  If
you could make this change, and then remove

/Users/orsola2/Work/codes/yt-i386/

and re-run the script, it may correctly work.  If not, please feel
free to email me directly, and once we have it going I will summarize
back to the list and fix the installation script.

Best,

Matt