[yt-users] Problem in simple volume rendering

Kuo-Chuan Pan kpan2 at astro.illinois.edu
Thu Feb 24 02:12:18 PST 2011

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am new in yt and trying to visualize my FLASH simulation data (3D) with volume rendering.
I followed the cookbook in:

    http://hg.enzotools.org/cookbook/raw-file/tip/recipes/simple_volume_rendering.py

However I got an error message:

  File "/home/kpan2/softwares/yt-x86_64/src/yt-hg/yt/visualization/volume_rendering/software_sampler.py", line 110, in ray_cast
    LE = na.array(LE) - self.back_center
ValueError: shape mismatch: objects cannot be broadcast to a single shape

I looked the software_sampler.py file and found all LE, RE, self.bricks are empty lists ( = []), but self.back_center is not and correct.
I guess there are some problems when setting self.bricks.

If anyone has any suggestions, I would be very happy to hear.
Thank you.

Best regards,
Kuo-Chuan