[yt-users] Issues with Enzo 2.0 and YT

Hadayat Seddiqi hadsed at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 20:20:22 PST 2011

Hello everyone,

I am having issues using simple plot scripts and commands in YT. I would
like to know if the YT cookbooks and examples are suitable for use with the
newest enzo release. Even the 'yt plot -p {path}' command doesn't give
proper plots (it's just a bunch of grid-lines with some bigger squares...
nothing like anything I am expecting).

If it would help, I can upload a few examples. To be more specific, I've
tried this with our own code (GalaxySimulation, though modified) as well as
the example problem RotatingCylinder. I would expect that the example
problem would run properly without a hitch, but no dice (these are all
projections or slices, by the way). I'm wondering if anyone has
successfully used YT for these simulations, and if they can provide any
useful scripts (or just tell me which of the examples ought to be working).

**As a side note, I should mention that when I run YT, I get a bunch of
'divide by zeroes'. I also get a segmentation fault at the very end, but
this doesn't seem to affect anything important. In fact, I'm able to run
the test data files that come with YT perfectly, even with these 'errors'.
For these reasons, I would think that YT isn't the problem.