[yt-users] problem accessing EOSCriticalDensity parameter (enzo)

David Collins dcollins at physics.ucsd.edu
Wed Aug 17 14:55:07 PDT 2011

I think yt only knows about certain parameters initially, and for
others you need to tell it how to parse.  I have things like this in
my plugins file:

from yt.frontends.enzo.definitions import parameterDict
parameterDict['WhatDoesABoatDo'] = float

which then tells yt what type of variable 'WhatDoesABoatDo' should be parsed as.

d.

On Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 3:18 PM, j s oishi <jsoishi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to reach Enzo's EOSCriticalDensity parameter in my pf
> within yt (hg hash 486d7131f1c2) . For some reason, it throws a
> KeyError, even though grepping EOSCriticalDensity in the
> DD0001/data0001 file turns it right up:
>
> $ grep EOSCriticalDensity DD0001/data0001
> EOSCriticalDensity         = 1e-13
>
> I have deleted the .yt file, but to no avail. The error message is:
>

> In [1]: pf['EOSCriticalDensity']
> KeyError                                  Traceback (most recent call last)
>
> /home/jsoishi/build/yt-unknown/src/yt-hg/yt/utilities/command_line.pyc
> in <module>()
> ----> 1
>      2
>      3
>      4
>      5
>
> /home/jsoishi/build/yt-unknown/src/yt-hg/yt/data_objects/static_output.pyc
> in __getitem__(self, key)
>    118                   self.conversion_factors]:
>    119             if key in d: return d[key]
> --> 120         raise KeyError(key)
>    121
>    122     def keys(self):
>
> KeyError: 'EOSCriticalDensity'
>
> Can anyone provide insight? I feel fairly certain I'm doing something
> dumb, but I don't see what.
>
> thanks,
>
> jeff

Sent from my computer.