[yt-users] ART simulations

Christopher Moody juxtaposicion at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 13:47:14 PDT 2011

Hi Mark,

Matt Turk and I have been working (albeit not in a while) on implementing
ART outputs in yt. At the moment it's rather limited, and doesn't do
anything with the star particles. The gas mesh can be read in, exporting to
Sunrise works OK (again, lacking the star particles.) But some of the more
advanced functions like volume rendering don't work. My hope is to go to the
developer's conference in October and finish these things up then.

All I can really give you at the moment is a scrap of code that'll project a
few of the defined quantities:

import sys; sys.path.insert(0, "/sdata/cemoody/code/yt/src/yt-trunk-svn");

from yt.mods import *

from yt.frontends.art.api import ARTStaticOutput

fn = "10MpcBox_csf512_a0.300.d"

pf = ARTStaticOutput(fn)

pc = PlotCollection(pf)

pc.add_projection("Density", 0, "Density")

pc.plots[-1].set_cmap("algae")

pc.add_projection("Temperature", 0, "Temperature")

pc.plots[-1].set_cmap("hot")

pc.set_width(100.0, 'kpc')

pc.save("100kpc")

pc.set_width(25.0, 'kpc')