[yt-users] Visualizing clumps in 3D?

Eve Lee elee at cita.utoronto.ca
Thu Aug 11 07:42:39 PDT 2011

Hello,

I'm using yt's clump find routine to locate clumps with embedded star
particles in an Enzo stirred turbulent box with star formation, and I'm
wondering if yt has the functionalities to visualize these clumps in 3D
space rather than 2D projected contour lines.

Is it possible to volume render just the clumps (not the whole box which
seems like what yt's doing according to the documentation webpage) or
better yet, make a 3D contour plot to visualize the clump hierarchy?

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Eve