[yt-users] running volume_render.py in a batch script

Stephen Skory s at skory.us
Thu Apr 14 14:57:05 PDT 2011

Shankar,

> No. Through qsub, I get this error...
>
> set_SCR: using existing PBS job directory /scratch/batch/56557
> set_LSCR: using existing PBS job directory /scratch.local/batch/56557
> set_SCR: using existing PBS job directory /scratch/batch/56557
> set_LSCR: using existing PBS job directory /scratch.local/batch/56557
> MPI: MPI_COMM_WORLD rank 0 has terminated without calling MPI_Finalize()
> MPI: aborting job
> MPI: Received signal 11

> My try.py:
> from mpi4py import MPI
> print MPI.COMM_WORLD.rank
>

> It works only on the login node...
> [sagarwal at ember ~/junk]$ mpirun -np 4 python vv.py
> 3
> 1
> 2
> 0

The evidence you've presented above points to an error outside of yt's
purview. There is something wrong with your environment, batch script,
or python, or mpi4py, or all of the above. I suggest contacting either
Ember sysadmin with what you get for this very simple test problem
(try.py).

Good luck!

--
Stephen Skory