[yt-users] Slices display incorrectly when many grids are used

Nathan Roth nathaniel.roth at berkeley.edu
Sat Apr 16 19:17:56 PDT 2011

Hi yt crew,

  I am analyzing some orion data, and I am finding that slices will not
display correctly for a simulation with 64 coarse AMR grids, although they
will display just fine if use 8 coarse grids. Outer grids on my slices are
appearing as blank white, and I've attached an example. I think the data
itself is fine, and if I plot along a ray in the same slice I see what I
expect (I've attached that, too). Note that the program units are cgs, which
is why the density field values on the ray are on the order of 1e-22. I'd be
happy to provide more details if they are needed.

Thanks,
Nathan