[yt-users] parallelHOP problem, did I break python?

Stephen Skory stephenskory at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 29 13:08:23 PDT 2010

Geoffrey,

> 4.  So can someone point me to a 2.0 installation script?
> Thanks a bunch.

I think the simplest way to get this is to make a new copy of yt in your src/ directory. Do something like this:

$ hg clone http://hg.enzotools.org/yt/ yt-2

and then go into yt-2, and copy the 'hdf5.cfg' file from the yt source you have been using in here. Make sure you're using the correct branch "yt":

$ hg branch
yt

And then do:

$ python setup.py install

You'll have to "make" the fKDpy.so file again, and then do the command above again.

Remember, this is the branch that is under active development and has many changes compared to older versions of yt. Some of your scripts may not work without modification.

Good luck!

Stephen Skory
s at skory.us
http://stephenskory.com/