[yt-users] kd-Tree rendering

Mike Butler butler85 at astro.ufl.edu
Tue Nov 23 12:04:41 PST 2010

Hi Britton+everyone,

I've been trying to make a similar movie/image of my data and am running
into a problem.  I used the basic script here
http://paste.enzotools.org/show/1367/  mentioned earlier in this thread,
and it works up until I get to the cam.snapshot line, where I receive the
error at the end of the email.

Here is my yt instinfo in case it matters:

The current version of the code is:

---
9ee32ec8db42 (yt) tip

Any ideas?  Thanks,

-Mike

In [15]: image=cam.snapshot(fn='my_rendering.png')
Field table 0 corresponds to 0 (Weighted with  -1 )
Field table 1 corresponds to 0 (Weighted with  -1 )
Field table 2 corresponds to 0 (Weighted with  -1 )
Field table 3 corresponds to 0 (Weighted with  -1 )
Channel 0 corresponds to 0
Channel 1 corresponds to 1
Channel 2 corresponds to 2
Channel 3 corresponds to 4
Channel 4 corresponds to 4
Channel 5 corresponds to 4
yt         INFO       2010-11-23 15:01:48,336 About to cast
---------------------------------------------------------------------------:--
KeyError                                  Traceback (most recent call last)

/home/butler85/yt-x86_64/src/yt-hg/scripts/iyt in <module>()
----> 1
      2
      3
      4
      5

/home/butler85/yt-x86_64/src/yt-hg/yt/visualization/volume_rendering/camera.pyc
in snapshot(self, fn)
    328             self.volume.reset_cast()
    329             image = self.volume.kd_ray_cast(image, tfp, vector_plane,
--> 330                                             self.back_center,
self.front_center)
    331         else:
    332             pbar = get_pbar("Ray casting",

/home/butler85/yt-x86_64/src/yt-hg/yt/utilities/amr_kdtree/amr_kdtree.pyc
in kd_ray_cast(self, image, tfp, vector_plane, back_center, front_center)
    819             pbar = get_pbar("Ray casting",self.total_cost)
    820             total_cells = 0
--> 821             for brick in self.traverse(back_center, front_center,
start_id):
    822                 brick['brick'].cast_plane(tfp, vector_plane)
    823                 total_cells += brick['cost']

/home/butler85/yt-x86_64/src/yt-hg/yt/utilities/amr_kdtree/amr_kdtree.pyc
in traverse(self, back_center, front_center, start_id)
    698         while(True):
    699
--> 700             current_node = tree[current_id]
    701
    702             if head_node['cast_done'] is 1:

KeyError: -1

> Pardon my insanity, everyone.  I just uploaded a slightly better version
> of
> this movie to vimeo.  It's here:
> http://vimeo.com/17100442
> You can get it here as well:
> http://www.pa.msu.edu/people/britton/whim_movies/evolve_assemble.mp4
> or here for a higher resolution version:
> http://www.pa.msu.edu/people/britton/whim_movies/evolve_assemble_hd.mp4<http://www.pa.msu.edu/people/britton/whim_movies/evolve_assemble.mp4>
>
> Britton
>
> On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 4:18 PM, Britton Smith
> <brittonsmith at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi again everyone,
>>
>> For those who are interested, I just finished the final version of the
>> movie I referred to in my post to this thread.  I have uploaded it to
>> the yt
>> group on vimeo, and it will be available shortly here:
>> http://vimeo.com/groups/ytgallery/videos/17095494
>> If you can't wait, I put it here as well:
>> http://www.pa.msu.edu/people/britton/whim_movies/evolve_assemble.mp4
>>
>> Thanks again to Matt and Sam for making this whole thing possible.
>>
>> Britton
>>

>> On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 11:27 AM, Britton Smith
>> <brittonsmith at gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I recently did some volume renders of a 50 Mpc box unigrid simulation
>>> with
>>> 1024^3 grid cells on kraken.  I used exactly 64 cores and did not have
>>> use less than the full number of cores available per node.  I was
>>> making
>>> 1024^2 images that took roughly between 5-10 seconds to render.  I