[yt-users] Call for testing: VTK on Snow Leopard

Rick Wagner rwagner at physics.ucsd.edu
Tue Mar 16 09:45:33 PDT 2010

Hi Matt,

Everything installs OK, provided the system version of Python 2.6 is used (FYI: I haven't been using this, because it was build for both PPC and i386, and I recall having trouble building other packages). But, anyways, I tried a couple of quick tests using the warped cone test [1] and simple cone example [2], and quickly tripped over some missing classes.

My initial hunting in the interpreter is below, and I've attached a list of all of the classes.

--Rick

[1] http://tinyurl.com/yc6yrry
[2] http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Python/GeometricObjects/Display/Cone

namor:tmp rpwagner$ python
Python 2.6.4 (r264:75706, Feb  1 2010, 13:22:43)
[GCC 4.2.1 (Apple Inc. build 5646) (dot 1)] on darwin
>>> import vtk
>>> vtk.__file__
'/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/site-packages/vtk/__init__.pyc'
>>> ren = vtk.vtkRenderer()
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'vtkRenderer'
>>> for i in dir(vtk):
... 	if i.find('Window') > -1:
... 		print i
vtkFileOutputWindow