[yt-users] Call for testing: VTK on Snow Leopard

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Tue Mar 16 08:22:37 PDT 2010

Hi all,

I've constructed some packages of VTK on Snow Leopard.  If you've used
the Snow Leopard installation script ("install_script_osx106.sh") to
install yt and Python on your machine, I believe they should work --
and I'd love to hear if they do or don't, as we'd really like to start
moving the GUI over to the VTK/Matplotlib/Traits GUI that we've been
working on for about a year.  This will enable a lot better
interaction between you and your data, and we're going to be able to
drop in support for things like OpenCL, OpenGL, and the volume
renderer right inside that framework.  (An older, development
screenshot of the new GUI:
http://yt.enzotools.org/attachment/wiki/Screenshots/reason_v2.png --
but things have improved since then!)

The process has been described on a Wiki page:

http://yt.enzotools.org/wiki/VTKOnSnowLeopard

so if you are interested, give it a go and let me know how it works for you.

Best,

Matt