[yt-users] yt on Kraken

Stephen Skory stephenskory at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 18 16:53:53 PDT 2010

Brian & Matt,

>Readline is non-essential and really only useful for interactive work - but
>perhaps other failures are critical. The install Stephen has prepared is
>primarily/exclusively for batch execution; yt itself installs out of the box on

>Kraken, and the 'community' installation is simply statically linked to run on
>the batch nodes. Readline doesn't help much there. :)

Matt is right that readline and all the various 'failed.a' libs aren't required
for batch jobs. However, when Brian emailed the list I was still in the middle
of getting things to work again (h5py had stopped working due to something I did
somewhere along the line). So even though Brian's warning was a red herring, it
would have not worked for him at all.

As far as I can tell, yt & h5py should be working again. In order to use the
common install, this should be sufficient:

PATH = /lustre/scratch/proj/yt_common/trunk/bin/:$PATH
PYTHONPATH = /lustre/scratch/proj/yt_common/lib/python2.6/site-packages/
MPLCONFIGDIR = /lustre/scratch/USERNAME/.matplotlib/

Let me know if something doesn't work!