[yt-users] Merger Tree

Rick Wagner rwagner at physics.ucsd.edu
Thu Jul 8 12:44:05 PDT 2010

Hi Brian,

The directory you mention is actually for the package that's part of Python's standard library. If you're getting LD_LIBRARY_PATH errors, it's more than likely looking for the SQLite library, which will have a name like, libsqlite3.so, libsqlite3.so.0, or libsqlite3.so.0.8.6.

If this is part of your operating system's distribution, the library will be in /usr/lib or /usr/lib64, and you won't need the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable. However, if you installed SQLite yourself, you'll need to tell the Python sqlite3 package where to find the library.

--Rick