[yt-users] YT installation issues

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Thu Aug 19 13:11:45 PDT 2010

Hi Shankar,

> cc1plus: warning: command line option "-Wstrict-prototypes" is valid for Ada/C/ObjC but not for C++
> src/backend_agg.cpp:3:17: png.h: No such file or directory
>
> The last error seems to be the culprit?.

Ah, yes!  Bingo.  Okay, fortunately it looks like at some point in the
past I added libpng to the install script options.  If you edit
install_script.sh and turn on INST_PNG, when you re-run I think it
will give a shot at installing libpng independently of the OS.  I
believe that'll fix the issue, but let me know how it goes?

Thanks,

Matt