[yt-users] ubuntu 10.04 installation issue

Robert Thompson rthompsonj at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 12:33:38 PDT 2010

That apt-cache returned:

gir-repository-dev
vflib3-dev

afterwards the install continued but errored out when installing mercurial:

Installed /home/bob/local/yt-unknown/src/yt-1.7-svn
Processing dependencies for yt==1.7
Finished processing dependencies for yt==1.7
Downloading/unpacking mercurial
   Running setup.py egg_info for package mercurial
     Couldn't import standard bz2 (incomplete Python install).
     Complete output from command python setup.py egg_info:
     Couldn't import standard bz2 (incomplete Python install).

Command python setup.py egg_info failed with error code 1
Storing complete log in /home/bob/.pip/pip.log

I then installed libbz2-dev and unfortunately it made no difference.

-Robert