[yt-users] 2d radial profiles

David Collins dcollins at physics.ucsd.edu
Fri Apr 16 17:31:48 PDT 2010

> I think there is a way to have it bin the output of a projection, but I
> guess it might require a bit more massaging. I'll get back to you on or
> around Wednesday with some more ideas.

It seems to me that the profiler is general enough to do it, provided
the object I hand it has the right methods.

> One additional thought would be to define a derived field like the Height
> field that accepts an axis vector and calculates a radius of annuli and
> binning either an extracted region or the whole domain.

That's interesting.  Might be less work than getting the Projection
what it needs, and then it would get us multivariate binning.

I'm not in a huge hurry, but if this is something that others have
done, or something that others would use, it's worth looking in to.

Thanks!
d.