[yt-users] Terminal disappears while downloading

robyn dlleuz at xmission.com
Thu Apr 29 18:58:00 PDT 2010

This has happened several times on 2 of my machines.  Installing with
the install_ script and it continues for 10-15 minutes, having
downloaded the tars and starting to compile.  Suddenly without any
warning the terminal just vanishes.  When I bring it back up and
restart, installation resumes but vanishes again after a few seconds.
Installation completed fine on my 3rd machine -- within minutes of the
problem on the other 2.  Network connections on my end are okay.  One of
the logs did say something about "failure to retreive" something just
before the terminal vanished.

-Thanks.