[yt-users] yt on verne

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Fri May 1 11:25:29 PDT 2009

Hi Stephen,

In all likelihood, this is related to not having /lib64/ in the
linking directions.  You can see this in the linking line:

-L/usr/lib

is present, but not /usr/lib64 , which is where the 'compatible'
libraries will likely be found.  You might be able to get around this
by setting the variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH to include /usr/lib64 before
running the installer script.

If that doesn't work, you can try copying
$DEST_DIR/src/numpy-1.2.1/site.cfg.example to
$DEST_DIR/src/numpy-1.2.1/site.cfg .  If you edit it, you should be
able to manually specify that /usr/lib64 be included in the linking
commands.

Alternatively, I checked in a new version of the install script
yesterday that allows you to specify NumPy build arguments, but I
cannot recall how to specify manual linking directories on the command
line.  I'm sure it's in the setup.py help documentation somewhere, but
you may need to use both the "config_fc" and "config_cc" commands.  I
am sorry I don't have an answer for that off-hand.

Good luck, and let us know if this fixes it,

Matt