[yt-users] yt hop

Stephen Skory stephenskory at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 20 08:44:33 PDT 2009

Eric,

>   I am wondering if yt hop can do what enzohop used to do, namely provide a list of particle IDs associated with each halo.  Correctly stated I think is that it provided for each particle ID, the halo it was in (if any). The default for yt hop is just to provide the halo list apparently, with various bulk properties.

indeed it can! If your halo list is as below:

>>> haloes = HaloFinder(pf)

You can get the particles like this, for the most massive halo:

>>> IDs = haloes[0]["particle_index"]

You can also get all the particle data for all the haloes into a HDF file 'basename.h5' like this:

>>> haloes.write_particle_lists("basename")

Good luck!