[yt-users] Binaries installs, installation script

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Sat Jul 12 11:51:20 PDT 2008

Hi there,

I've created a couple binaries installations of yt along with an
installation script.  If anybody has time to try it out and get back
to me, that'd be pretty awesome.  Right now they're experimental, but
I've tested them a couple places and found them to be functional.

The installation script is here:

http://yt.enzotools.org/browser/trunk/doc/install_script.sh?format=raw

You should be able to download it, modify the parametet MY_DIR at the
top, and then execute it.  It will download the appropriate software,
assuming a base level of installed system-level packages, install it
and then echo to you the locations of various items.  Once it's
finished and your path is set according to the output from the script,
you should be able to run 'reason' or 'yt' to get the GUI or the
command line, respectively.

I've also packaged up binaries for ia64 and x86_64.

http://yt.enzotools.org/files/yt-0.3-ia64.zip
http://yt.enzotools.org/files/yt-0.3-x86_64.zip

If you're on either of these types of machines, you should be able to
download the appropriate file and unzip it.  It will create a
directory named yt-0.3 containing three executables: 'yt', 'reason'
and 'py'.  Executing yt-0.3/yt will give you a command prompt with
appropriately pre-loaded modules, executing yt-0.3/py will give you a
vanilla command prompt, and executing yt-0.3/reason will give you the
GUI.

Again, I've tested these on a couple systems, but I'd *really*
appreciate if you could download and give them a shot.  Please let me
know if you have success or failure!