[yt-dev] Starting conversation about Py2 deprecation

John Zuhone jzuhone at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 14:29:34 PDT 2017

We had a conversation about this point yesterday, in fact I was the one that brought this point up.

Though in my mind I agree with you at first that it makes more sense to do this at 4.0, there are two reasons why we should wait until 4.1:

1. gives users more time to prepare
2. gives python 2 people a chance to use the new features (especially demeshening) at least for one 4.x version