[yt-dev] [yt-users] [ANN] Introducing the yt Hub

Kacper Kowalik xarthisius.kk at gmail.com
Fri May 6 11:24:26 PDT 2016

On 05/06/2016 01:11 PM, Jeffrey S. Oishi wrote:
> Dear Kacper,
>
> This is a major, major step forward. I am extremely impressed and excited
> by this. It's nice to see Britton's vision brought to life in such a vivid
> way!
>
> Two things: I was trying to grab some sample data from the yt_data
> collection, but all the folders appear empty to me. Am I doing something
> wrong? Also, I can't seem to start a notebook. I don't have the "Start a
> notebook" option under the user actions menu.

Hi Jeff,
I'm sorry to hear that :/

One thing I'd like to verify: are you trying to start notebook from
folder? If you're in top level (collection) that option won't be
enabled. You need to go at least one level down, e.g.:

https://girder.hub.yt/#collection/5707ddf366a401000121088f/folder/5707decf66a4010001210890

Could you also specify which folders render empty?

Cheers,
Kacper