[yt-dev] Issue #1222: Many plot callbacks do not work with non-cartesian datasets (yt_analysis/yt)

John ZuHone issues-reply at bitbucket.org
Mon May 23 14:21:08 PDT 2016

New issue 1222: Many plot callbacks do not work with non-cartesian datasets
https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/yt/issues/1222/many-plot-callbacks-do-not-work-with-non

John ZuHone:

A number of callbacks do not work properly with non-cartesian datasets:

* Anything that does vectors, i.e. `QuiverCallback`, `VelocityCallback`, `MagFieldCallback`, etc.
* Drawing grid or cell lines, i.e. `GridBoundaryCallback`, `CellEdgesCallback`
* Contouring

This will take a substantial, focused effort on the part of one or more people to get working properly.

I'm marking this 3.3 but I'm not sure if that's what we want or not. Open to having it pushed back.