[yt-dev] Issue #1185: data wrapping error when altering slice axes (yt_analysis/yt)

Patrick Shriwise issues-reply at bitbucket.org
Mon Mar 14 07:27:25 PDT 2016

New issue 1185: data wrapping error when altering slice axes
https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/yt/issues/1185/data-wrapping-error-when-altering-slice

Patrick Shriwise:

When creating sliceplots, I've been experiencing an effect in which some hdf5 data that is cutoff by the set width of the plot is added on or wrapped onto the remaining space at the other end of the plot. This can be fixed by increasing the width of the plot along the axis for which the wrapping is occuring, but clearly shouldn't be happening so I thought I'd let you know. :)

The wrapping effect can be seen on the left side of the first plot along the white line. In the next plot I've increased the width along the problematic axes and the problem goes away.

I've attached as simple a notebook as possible which shows this. I did not attach the dataset here due to its size, but I'd be happy to provide it as well as the geometry facets which may help to show this more clearly. yt is great and I hope to keep using it in the future!