[yt-dev] Build statuses for pull request

Kacper Kowalik xarthisius.kk at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 09:45:35 PST 2016

Hi all!
Some time ago Bitbucket introduced build statuses [1].
 From the point of view of our development process they're ill-designed
as they requires testing infrastructure to have repo:write access to
each and every fork of yt_analysis/yt. Nevertheless, I updated fido to
use that functionality as an *opt-in* feature.

You can see how it looks like on PR 2036.

If you'd like to have fancy icons indicating test results nicely
attached to your commits on a pull requests, you can do it by adding
write access for user: 'yt-fido' to your yt fork [2]. This will also
*disable* regular yt-fido comments.

Please bear in mind that it's equivalent to giving *me* write access to
your yt fork. If you feel uncomfortable with that, *DO NOT* do it.

Cheers,
Kacper

[1]
http://blog.bitbucket.org/2015/11/18/introducing-the-build-status-api-for-bitbucket-cloud/