[yt-dev] Issue #1184: Datasets are recognized as orion2 if an "orion2.ini" file exists (yt_analysis/yt)

Nathan Goldbaum issues-reply at bitbucket.org
Tue Mar 8 12:20:17 PST 2016

New issue 1184: Datasets are recognized as orion2 if an "orion2.ini" file exists
https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/yt/issues/1184/datasets-are-recognized-as-orion2-if-an

Nathan Goldbaum:

So for some reason my test data directory has an "orion2.ini" file in it. This means that any data directories I try to load are getting recognized incorrectly as orion2 datasets.

I think the orion2 frontend should be smarter about this, maybe by checking if other files exist before returning from `_is_valid`.

@atmyers do you have thoughts about this?