[yt-dev] Issue #1177: Requirements should be installed automatically when installing via pip (yt_analysis/yt)

Thomas Edwards issues-reply at bitbucket.org
Thu Mar 3 09:29:55 PST 2016

New issue 1177: Requirements should be installed automatically when installing via pip
https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/yt/issues/1177/requirements-should-be-installed

Thomas Edwards:

When installing a python package with `pip`, I would expect it to install the necessary packages for it to work.

For `yt` I have to manually install the other requirements such as  `h5py`. The list of requirements is shown on the frontpage but some do not match the names of the packages that `pip` recognise. For example, how do I install `libpng`?