[yt-dev] Issue #1176: Activating yt is non-trivial when installing via pip (yt_analysis/yt)

Anonymous issues-reply at bitbucket.org
Thu Mar 3 07:12:51 PST 2016

New issue 1176: Activating yt is non-trivial when installing via pip
https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/yt/issues/1176/activating-yt-is-non-trivial-when

Anonymous:

On the yt-project.org front page, it says that you can simply install yt using `pip install yt`. However, I could not figure out how to activate it, since I could not find the installation directory (I still haven't found it yet).

It would be nice if the `pip install yt` method automatically activated yt